Looking at the successes of the first part, which struck (in a good way) many viewers, Marvel Studios announced the production of the film "Black Panther 2" (2020) with an as yet unknown release date, actors and an unreleased trailer, which should be expected already in 2021.
The rating of expectations of the premiere is estimated by the audience at KinoPoisk at 91%.
Black panther 2
Genre: fiction, action, adventure
Producer: Ryan Coogler
World Premiere: 2021 (unofficially)
Cast: not yet known
The script of the film is kept in great secret. In the original film, we were shown a completely atypical villain, Kilmonger, for whose role Michael B. Jordan won the MTV's Best Villain Award. It is unlikely that he will return in the sequel, but still there are chances for this.
Also in the original comics, Sister T'Challa also became a Black Panther, which was enthusiastically received by fans. Leticia Wright, the performer of the role of Shuri, said that she would be glad to join in such a role with the character of Bozeman.
Director and crew
It became known that the director and screenwriter of the project, as expected, will be the director of the first part, Ryan Kugler ("Sculptor", "Fruitvale Station", "Creed: Rocky's Legacy"). It is expected that he will write the script for the picture by the end of 2019, and the shootings themselves will start in 2020. Kugler expressed himself that he feels some pressure on him, because Marvel does not want to rush with the shoots in order to ensure that the sequel becomes equally successful as the original part.
Disney has many scheduled dates for future Marvel films, so we can see the Panther sequel on either November 6, 2020, or February 12, 2021. The last date seems more likely, given that the first part was released in February.
Recall that the first “Black Panther” broke the records of the film in the superhero genre and earned $ 1.3 million worldwide, but also several Golden Globes and even 3 Oscars in 2019.
Michael B. Jordan, Chadwick Boseman, Lupita Nyong'o, and Ryan Coogler at an event for Black Panther (2018)
Actors and roles
Officially, the cast is not announced, but perhaps the previous actors will nevertheless return to their roles:
- Chadwick Bowzman as T'Challa / Black Panther ("42", "Marshall", "James Brown: Way Up", "Gods of Egypt", "Avengers: Infinity War");
- Letishia Wright as Shuri (Holby City, Ascension, Doctor Who, My Brother Devil, Black Mirror, Chasing Shadows);
- Lupita Nyongo as Nakia ("12 Years of Slavery", "Queen of Katwe", "Air Marshal", "Star Wars: The Force Awakens");
- Danai Gurira as Oka (The Walking Dead, The Visitor, Fool Me, Life on Mars, 2pac: Legend);
- Martin Freeman as Agent Everett K Ross (Sherlock, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, Fargo, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy);
- Daniel Kaluuya in the role of V'Kaby (Black Mirror, Skins, Psychoville, Ghosts, Away);
- Winston Duke as M'Baku ("We," "American Family," "In View");
- Angela Bassett in the role of Ramonda (“Contact”, “American Horror Story”, “Street Guys,” “Heart Music”).
Even before the release of “Avengers 4: Final”, Chadwick Bowzman said that he could not talk about the future of his character, since he is dead. The latest Avengers are out, so soon we can expect more information about the upcoming film.
When Chadwick Boseman said, “I'm dead.” I felt that. pic.twitter.com/WE6ybhw8bW
- Kevin T. (@cinematicmemes) April 5, 2019
Did you know that:
- Interestingly, the production of the project (the first part) they wanted to do back in 1992. The director would be Wesley Snipes;
- Rumor has it that Michael B. Jordan really can return to the role of Kilmonger, the artist himself has not yet commented on this;
- Also in the film may appear and Craven-Hunter, whom Ryan Kugler wanted to use when shooting the first part.
Expect the release date of the film "Black Panther" (2020) with yet unknown actors and an unreleased trailer should be in 2021. Perhaps the premiere will again amaze the audience with its color, and also earn many awards.