George Clooney will delight us with his own directorial work (as well as acting) about a soldier who desperately seeks home, resorting to sophisticated methods. The release date of the mini-series "Trick-22" is set for 2019, the actors are known, and the teaser trailer can already be seen.
The film premiere rating is 98%.
Genre: military, crime, drama, comedy
Producer: George Clooney, Grant Heslov, Ellen Keras
World Premiere: May 17, 2019
Cast: Christopher Abbott, Kyle Chandler, George Clooney, Martin Delaney, Rafi Gavron, Giancarlo Giannini, Guerran Howell, Hugh Laurie, Graham Patrick Martin, Kevin J. O'Connor and others.
Pretending to be crazy so you can finally be sent home from the war? Is this not a sign of genius!
The story tells about the incomparable insidious deceiver, Yossarian, the captain of the US Air Force in World War II. His problem is that his own army continues to increase the number of missions that men must complete in order to complete the service. However, if Yossarian tries to avoid his military assignments, he will violate Trick-22, a ridiculous but sinister bureaucratic rule that establishes that taking care of one's own security in the face of real and immediate dangers is a process of rational thinking: a person is considered crazy if he is willing to continues to carry out dangerous combat missions, but a request for removal from office testifies to sanity and, therefore, deprives him of the right to discharge from duty.
Director and crew
Back in 2014, Richard Brown, the future producer of the film, met with writer Luke Davis and writer-director David Michaud to discuss some features of the series, similar to The True Detective, which Richard Brown had previously worked on. It was then that Davis remembered Heller’s novel. Luke Davis (“Lion”, “Candy”, “Handsome Boy”, “Return”) and David Michaud (“According to Wolf Laws”, “Flesh and Bones”, “Machine of War”) jointly wrote the script for the project. The producers asked George Clooney ("Eleven Ocean Friends", "From Dusk Till Dawn", "Jacket", "Gravity") to take the place of the director. He, along with his production partner Grant Heslov, as well as Ellen Keras (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Umbrella Academy) quickly joined the board of directors and executive producers.
George Clooney, Grant Heslov, Ellen Kuras
Actors and roles
In the series starred:
- Christopher Abbott (Sinner, The Most Cruel Year, Reporter, It Comes at Night);
- Kyle Chandler (Friday Night Lights, Tomorrow Comes Today, The Wolf of Wall Street);
- George Clooney (Ocean Eleven, From Dusk Till Dawn, Gravity, Jacket);
- Martin Delaney ("Alien Woman", "Robin Hood", "Border of Shadow");
- Rafi Gavron ("Rome", "Bones", "A Star Is Born");
- Giancarlo Giannini ("Hannibal", "First Night of Rest", "Walk in the Clouds");
- Gerran Howell (Emerald City, Genius, Retaliation);
- Hugh Laurie (Doctor House, Black Viper 2, A Little Over Forty);
- Graham Patrick Martin ("The Good Doctor", "Two and a Half Men", "Particularly Serious Crimes");
- Kevin J. O'Connor ("11.22.63", "Lord of Illusions", "Rise from the Deep").
Did you know that:
- Trick-22 is a book written in 1961 by Joseph Heller. A 1970 film was shot based on it with Alan Arkin, Martin Balsam, Richard Benjamin, Art Garfunkel;
- During the filming process with George Clooney, an accident occurred - he was hit by a car while driving to the shooting location on a motorcycle.
A rather original plot will help to better understand the teaser trailer for the mini-series with the release date in 2019, "Trick-22", whose actors are already known. Will George Clooney and his teammates be able to convey the intriguing atmosphere of the original novel, the viewer will be able to find out on May 17.